Thursday, June 3, 2010

Last Day of School!

This year, this has a whole new meaning! Last day for the summer or last day for... ????
Watching the kids so excited about the last day and excited about the little things... getting to watch movies at school, eating popcorn in the classroom, taking their shoes off...
at first I was a bit sad, thinking about how much FUN they are having and I am "taking" that away.
Then I realize...
I can continue the joy in the little things, not just at the end of the school, but ALL the time!!!!!!!!!

Monthly Movie Day!
Popcorn and Popsicles!
Soda for Subtraction!
(and you know, we do NOT give our kids soda at home, so that would be a HUGE treat!)

What is on my mind now is the layout of our new schoolroom. Any suggestions? Websites for ideas? Blogs that give tips?
I'm going to give the girls some graph paper and see what they design. I want to take something from each girl and design a great space. (That doesn't cost much at all.)

Last day of school! WOOO HOOO!

1 comment:

Sandra Kozlowski said...

Pioneer Woman has a whole section on her blog dedicated to home schooling with links and such. I am sure she would be a good resource. I still wonder if I should homeschool Sierra, but am just not there yet. Daniel will excel at school.