Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lost

It’s late.
I’m tired…
and stressed.
Driving home
on a dark highway
At night…
Did I say I was tired and stressed?

I had been hangin' out with one of my besties. It was a much needed weekend away… seeing the life of a single girl… Independent and free… fun and fabulous! Our time together ended too soon. The pull of motherhood was stronger than the pull of freedom which lead me to the road I was on
and on that road
I was lost… again!
I felt alone
but not for long.
I felt the darkness
till I looked for the light.
Memories of a conversation earlier that very same day brought me to either tears or laughter…
If I had extra money to spend… I would spend it on…
move over laptop!
washer and dryer, you’re all wrung out!
A GPS system! NOT leaving home without it!
Those thoughts put humor where tears were threatening to take over.
The strength I saw that weekend in my friend encouraged me to stand on own.
I realized you have to know where you are to be able to get where you want to go!
Instead of crying…
or calling someone in the midst of their agony…
or calling someone who didn’t know where I was and wouldn’t be able to tell me where to go…
I decided to put on my big girl panties and deal with it on my own!
SO I DID. (yes… I did stop and ask for directions… it worked!)
I popped in a cd I had bought for my kids.
ALIVE
Wake up!
Do your own thing
BE who you ARE
Stand
Believe in yourself!
LIVE

The message was strong.
The message took me home.
… and I made it! Only 15 minutes later than my original arrival time!
...and that new cd... it's now my favorite!

No comments: