Friday, June 12, 2009

Bookmarks

Got Books?


No, we have bookmarks! Remember the Book Club? Here are the directions for the bookmarks we made! I wanted to use my Cricut, like I did for the Mother's Day Card and I used the SCAL program to make the word READ all stuck together. I used the font heavy heap and made the letters 1 1/2 by 5 1/4. The size of the bookmark is 3 x 6.

I cut those out on the Cricut in different colors.

I kept the negative image (the outline of the word and the inside pieces) and cut those into strips that were a little smaller than the 3x6 bookmark. To keep track of the inside pieces, I put them in little storage containers and put a "tag" inside saying if it was the inside of the R, top or bottom, the inside of the e, the a, or the d.




I set all the pieces on the table with glue sticks and the girls made the bookmarks! I also set out some shape makers (punches) with the leftover paper from the words and they used that for decoration. It only took them about 15 minutes to assemble the bookmarks. No one really used the negative image ones, although those were my favorites!

Here are the finished products!

No comments: